COVID-19 Statement from Zoder’s Inn and Suites
Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your families during this COVID-19 situation. As an independently owned hotel, maintaining the health and safety of our guests and staff is our highest priority. We would like to reassure you about the sanitation procedures in place at Zoder’s Inn, as well as explain our new cancellation policies during this time.
For many of you, hiking in the Great Smoky Mountains National Park is a relaxing way to avoid crowds. Others may choose not to travel.
- Zoder’s Inn and Suites follows CDC guidelines on top of our regular cleaning and sanitizing procedures, such as:
- We ask all staff members to stay home if they are feeling ill.
- We ask guests to reschedule if they have any flu-like symptoms.
- We conduct additional sanitizing procedures, including on high-touch surfaces like door knobs and countertops, throughout the day.
- All staff members wash their hands frequently.
- We will continue to serve our continental breakfast and evening offerings of milk and cookies and wine and cheese. All food and drink will be served on trays for guests to enjoy where they feel comfortable.
- The dining tables have been spread 6-feet apart according to CDC guidelines.
- We have eliminated the napkin holders from dining tables. The attendant will provide as many napkins as you need for your party.
- OPTIONAL: At this time of social distancing, for stay overs, you may opt to have fresh towels and trash removed on a daily basis.
Flexible cancellation policy through COVID-19 situation
If you choose to cancel your reservation, we will happily return your deposit via a gift certificate which has no expiration date.
Zoder’s Inn and Suites will continue to closely monitor this changing situation and review our policies accordingly.
In the meantime, the Great Smoky Mountains National Park is open and the trails are not crowded. We look forward to welcoming you now or in the future.